The role of the Treasurer will include the following:
- Attend Board Meetings and present a treasurer’s report to the Board. The prepared financial report shall be distributed and approved by the Board and will become a permanent record. The starting and ending balance of each account shall be included.
- Participate in Budget Committee meetings.
- Maintain an accurate accounting of Trails Club finances to ensure legal compliance. Current practice is maintaining those records for a period of 6 years. File appropriate forms annually with the IRS by February 15th.
- Work with the Registrar to accept and to record the annual payment of club dues.
- Pay club bills in a timely manner. For audit purposes, the record of each payment should include a notation as to the reason for the payment.
- Maintain the banking information on the Trails Club account including the bank where the account is held and the persons who are authorized to sign on the account. This information should be kept in the Treasurer’s Board Binderwith copies to the Officers of the Board and to other Board members on request.
- A copy of the monthly bank statement and a copy of the monthly statement of reconciliation will be sent electronically to Officers of the Board.
- Work cooperatively with a new Treasurer in transitioning from one year to another. Record keeping processes are explained and all club financial information is shared with the incoming Treasurer. This transition period shall take place between the incoming and outgoing Treasurers during the months of November and December.