The role of the President will include the following:
- Represents the Trails Club when interacting with the Golden Rain Foundation, Mutual Operations Dept. and Community interests both within and outside of Rossmoor.
- Conducts all Board meetings using Roberts Rules of Order
- Prepares a meeting agenda to ensure that meetings are run efficiently and productively. (See sample agenda form)
- Invites the participation of all club members at publicized upcoming meetings.
- Requests input from those on the Board and in Supporting Positions when drawing up the agenda
- Arrives at the meeting with sufficient copies of the meeting agenda and any handouts for Board and participating club members.
- Starts and ends meetings on time.
- Works cooperatively in a mentoring relationship with the Vice President to ensure a smooth transition in club leadership from one year to the next.
- Maintains an awareness of all club sponsored activities and asks for and receives information as needed from persons in Supporting Positions and Chairpersons for social events.
- Follows up on delegated tasks from previous meetings.
- Works jointly with the Treasurer to remain current on nonprofit tax regulations to ensure the Trail Club’s legal compliance.
- Convenes the Nominating Committee and be prepared to present a slate of officers for the upcoming year at the annual October membership meeting.
- Speaking from the throne 'Ex cathedra"