- The role of secretary will include the following:
- Attend all Board Meetings and any special meetings for which a record of the meeting is required.
- Take minutes at each board or special meeting, send minutes to board members for approval and arrange with the Tech Coordinator to post the minutes on the Trails Club of Rossmoor website in a timely manner.
- Maintain a copy of the minutes of each meeting in the Secretary’s Board Binder
- Maintain a record of the membership attendance at each board meeting. This attendance record will be kept with the minutes of the meeting.
- Maintain the Board Binders. This will include maintaining a listing of duties and functions of each officer or representative on the Board as well as those for all supporting positions listed in the RTC By-Laws
- Each year the Secretary will collect the Board Binders at the November Board Meeting, update the pertinent information, and redistribute the updated binders at the January meeting. The outgoing Secretary must insure that all records are accurate and up to date at the close of his/her term of office.
- Insure that all correspondence concerning club business is completed in a timely manner. A record of club correspondence will be included in the Secretary’s binder.
- Complete all other duties which may arise during ones term of office or which may be assigned to the Secretary by the Club President.